Career Opportunities in Mechanical
There are a number of career opportunities available in the sector of Mechanical Engineering. These opportunities are exponentially increasing day by day.
Mechanical engineering graduates are sought by employers in almost all sectors of the engineering industry. These include:
- Aerospace industry: researches, designs, manufactures, operates and maintains aircraft
- Automotive industry: designs, manufactures, distributes and markets motor vehicles
- Chemical industry: covers oil companies, chemicals manufacturers and the businesses that support them (e.g. to build new plants or develop new process technologies)
- Construction industry: designs and builds infrastructure, buildings and buildings services (e.g. heating and ventilation)
- Defense industry: provides equipment, support and services for the armed forces and national security
- Electronics industry: designs and manufactures components and complete equipment for sectors from automotive to medicine and the military
- Fast moving consumer goods industry: manufactures products such as household cleaning items, personal hygiene goods and convenience foods
- Marine industry: develops and helps operate vessels
- Materials and metals industry: activities include developing new materials and manufacturing components or end products
- Pharmaceuticals industry: develops and manufactures drugs
- Rail industry: designs, constructs, manages and maintains rail system components from trains and tracks to electrical power systems and train control systems
- Utilities industry: helps supply power, water, waste management and telecoms.