|Degree Awarded||Discipline||Duration||Entry Level||Seats in IIST|
|B.Tech||AI & ML||4 years||10+2||60|
Indore Institute of Science and Technology (IIST) offers a four-year under-graduate B. Tech course in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning which aims to develop a strong foundation by using the principles and technologies that consist of many facets of Artificial Intelligence including logic, knowledge representation, probabilistic models, and machine learning. This course is best suited for students seeking to build world-class expertise in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning and emerging technologies which help to stand in the crowd and grow careers in the upcoming technological era.
B. Tech. in Artificial Intelligence is an undergraduate program with advanced learning solutions imparting knowledge of advanced innovations like machine learning, often called deep learning and artificial intelligence.
The course is designed to give the students enough exposure to the variety of applications that can be built using techniques covered under this program. They shall be able to apply AI/ML methods, techniques and tools to the applications. The students shall explore the practical components of developing AI apps and platforms. Proficiency in mathematics will thrive, as this degree requires strong problem-solving and analytical skills. They shall be able to acquire the ability to design intelligent solutions for various business problems in a variety of domains and business applications. The students shall be exploring fields such as neural networks, natural language processing, robotics, deep learning, computer vision, reasoning and problem-solving. The key objective is to identify logic and reasoning methods from a computational perspective, learn about agent, search, probabilistic models, perception and cognition, and machine learning.
This specialization is designed to enable students to build intelligent machines, software, or applications with a cutting-edge combination of machine learning, analytics and visualization technologies. The main goal of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning is to program computers to use example data or experience to solve a given problem. Many successful applications based on machine learning exist already, including systems that analyze past sales data to predict customer behavior (financial management), recognize faces or spoken speech, optimize robot behavior so that a task can be completed using minimum resources, and extract knowledge from bioinformatics data.
This program discusses AI methods based in different fields, including neural networks, signal processing, control, and data mining, in order to present a unified treatment of machine learning problems and solutions.
Artificial Intelligence presents a solid foundation in the principles and technologies that underlie many facets of AI, including logic, knowledge representation, probabilistic models, and machine learning. It teaches you to
Computer Science is an emerging field which grows and changes very frequently. Fields like Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Data Science, Internet of Things, Cloud Computing, Cyber Security etc. are growing exponentially. With this exponential growth in the recent years, there has been a steadily increasing demand for bright graduates to come in and help to transform areas ranging from data infrastructure to cyber security.
Self-learning is motivated in these special interest groups of the department. Various resources related to student interest are provided in the SIG labs. This learning is mentor by faculties and senior students to provide them an opportunity to work in team.
We provide certified skill courses on latest research areas and technologies through our special interest groups (SIG’s)
1. SIG- Artificial Intelligence: The overall purpose of artificial intelligence SIG is to apply different algorithms on raw data so as to allow computers and machines to function in an intelligent manner efficiently. And to evaluate and analyse the patterns of the data. Under this SIG, Students will get chance to implement these algorithm and create artificially intelligence systems.
2. SIG- Augmented and Virtual Reality: The purpose of VR/AR SIG is to understand artificial environment that is created with software for user perception and also to understand how AR works with real world image with extra layers of digital information and to gain better understanding of its wide range of applications.
3. SIG- iOS: Purpose of iOS SIG is to make students develop iOS Applications. With the amount of iPhones in the market, the need for iOS Apps also increases therefore this is the right platform for Students who want to build their career in Mobile app development as individual with their Creative ideas.
4. SIG- Database Management System: The purpose of DBMS SIG is to learn and practice software tools that organizes data that is to create, retrieve, update and manage data, in systematic way. Under this SIG trainings will be provided on software technologies like SQL, MySQL, Oracle Databases, NoSQL, MongoDB etc.
5. SIG- Android: Purpose of Android SIG is to make students understand Android App Development. In this SIG, students will learn the fundamentals of Kotlin, Google’s preferred programming language for Android and build interesting applications. Under this SIG training will be provided which will cover the Android components, tools and technologies like multi-screen Navigation, Android Studio, Intents, Fragments, Widgets, Layout and Ionic to build modern applications.
6. SIG- Internet of Things: The purpose is to train students for industry-level projects on IoT by: Organizing workshops/seminars/training/weekend activities for the students. IoT SIG facilitates with all the required equipments for practicising on different modules. These SIG Modules will help students to solve real-world problems and will encourage them to participate in various competitions across the country.
7. SIG- Hardware and Networking: Primary objective of this SIG is to build networking skill and creating a bridge to employment opportunities. Here the students are trained for international certifications like Microsoft, Cisco and Red Hat certifications. Students will learn hardware and operating systems for computer networks and train to upgrade troubleshoot and administer the system which will help them prepare for high-paying jobs. PC hardware/software installation, Networking technologies & concepts, Network administration, Cabling, Cisco router and switch configurations are the key skills focused in this SIG.
8. SIG- Data Analytics: The major purpose of Data Analytics SIG is to extract useful information from data and taking the decision based upon the data analysis or in simple words to create best out of waste. Here the students are trained to analyse different-different type of dataset and though that understand the pattern of informations that can be derived through that data. Hadoop, R and Python are some technologies which can be used to implement analytics.
9. SIG- Cloud Computing: Cloud Computing curriculum prepare the students to pursue industry recognized certifications (AWS), and in-demand cloud jobs. In CC SIG, we train students by organizing workshops/seminars/internship. This helps learners explore cloud concepts, use cloud services, handling of security issues, and understand the architecture etc.
10. SIG- Web Development: Web development can range from developing a simple single static page of plain text to complex web-based internet applications (web apps), electronic businesses, and social network services. Web Development SIG gives an opportunity to the students to enhance their skill for web development platform.
It is an initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) under the National Mission on Education through ICT. The Department of CSE conducts virtual labs programs organized by different IITs across the country.
Department of CSE & IT is proud to be associated with Developer Student Clubs (DSC) with the selection of DSC lead from IIST. The DSC will conduct in-house training activities for the students to enable them to develop solutions for the local businesses.
IIST is proud to announce that we have been accepted into the AWS Academy program with Amazon Internet Services Private Limited (“AISPL”) and we are now authorized to administer and deliver the AWS Academy Cloud Computing Architecture curriculum.
Department of CSE has signed an MoU with RedHat Academy to conduct in-house training on Core System Administration, Middleware Development, Cloud Computing along with Internships in live projects & certification.
Welcome to the Department of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning (AIML) at Indore Institute of Science and Technology, Indore
The Department of AIML at IIST is strongly committed to impart innovative and quality technical education with high standards at the undergraduate level. The faculty and non-teaching staff of the department are committed to preparing our students by providing the expertise and proficiency in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and its related fields needed to thrive in our modern society.
The AIML in the 21st century is the skill of the century. It has had a tremendous impact on human civilization. The artificial intelligence and in general the intelligent systems have changed how we work, how we communicate, how we teach and learn, how we entertain, and so forth. AI and ML has become a fundamental tool for augmenting the human knowledge, which is an essential part of creation, discovery, and innovation.
The main goal of the department is to provide experiential learning opportunities such as hands-on training, project-based courses, research projects, and internships which provide a solid foundation to work in interdisciplinary teams that invent the future for which the department covers a wide spectrum of research in the areas of Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence, Image Processing, Pattern Recognition, Machine Learning, Data Mining, Big-Data Analytics, and Computer Security led by qualified and experienced team of faculty members.
In addition to state-of-the-art curriculum, more emphasis is placed on enriching the students learning experience by providing value-added courses, skill-development programs, and participate in technical competitions, hackathons at all levels including state, national and international platforms.
The students, faculty, and staff of AIML at IIST, we believe in working together, we encourage each other, we help each other, and, most importantly, we believe in each other. This is the key to make our students success at AIML at IIST, Indore Hence, to bring the success of the department we focus on productive interdisciplinary collaborations to work across a diverse set of projects, laboratories, departments, and industry partners.
I am confident that the Department of Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning at IIST is strongly prepared to face the new exciting challenges in this new digital era and also to be one of the best institutions in the State of Madhya Pradesh and in India.